MOFA strongly believes that we need a post-secondary education system that:
1. Will be provided with adequate public funding, with clear multi-year funding commitments that will allow our institutions to best serve Manitobans.
2. Will be affordable and accessible to all, with the long-term objective of reducing the use of student loans and private finance to pay for our education.
3. Will be of high quality and will continue to provide our graduates with the flexible critical thinking skills that will continue to shape our society.
4. Will exist free of political interference, with institutions being allowed to make decisions about how to serve the public.
5. Will lower barriers to participation for Indigenous people and members of other equity-seeking groups, and will provide supports to ensure that all students can succeed in post-secondary education.